Makeup For Beginners – Basic Buying Guide
Cosmetics have been around since early 3500 BC, and have improved much since then. Quite a few women have trouble figuring out which makeup products to buy and what their uses are. Alpha H online stockist can help in guiding you on products that are available. As a beginner what does one look for? What are the basics?
Basic Everyday Cosmetic Products
• Toner – Start with a proper face wash and toner. You want the clean skin. Washing and toning your face helps keep your skin clear and pores unclogged and clean.
• Moisturizer – Moisturizers are designed to make your skin softer, help control oil and keep your face from drying out or peeling.
• Primer – This is not always an essential product. However, it will help your makeup go on smoothly, conceal any fine lines and help your makeup to last all day long.
• Foundation – A skin color makeup that is applied to the face. It is used to enhance the complexion, coverage of imperfections, flaws, and uneven skin tones. The foundation needs to be a color that is your skin tone.
• Concealer- A little heavier pigmented than foundation. It covers blemish spots, large pores, and under eye circles.
• Translucent powder- After your foundation is applied, translucent powder is best to use if you want your makeup to stay set in place throughout the day. This powder is ideal because it masks imperfections and fines lines.
• Blush-When applied to the apple of your cheeks it will give you a more naturally looking glow and flush look to your cheekbones.
• Eyeshadow – When applied to the eyelid, it can bring the effect of bigger or bolder eyes. It can be applied many different ways, as dark or as light as you desire. You may use an eyeshadow primer so as to limit your chances of getting creases throughout the day.
• Eyeliner – Used to make your eyes look bolder or stand out. It can be applied to the lower and upper lash line to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. You can buy it in many colors.
• Mascara – Used to enhance and make your eyelashes look fuller, longer and thicker. Using a lash curler before this step may give your eyelashes a more lengthened and fuller effect.
• Lipstick or Gloss- Used to make your lips look fuller or stand out against your skin. Varying in colors from the lightest of light to the darkest of dark, it can add a matte to glossy, shimmering pop of life to the face.
Lastly, you will need brushes to help you apply the makeup. Different products have specific brushes to use when applying. Likewise, one needs a good mirror to be able to see as they apply the makeup. With this information, you are well on your way to owning your makeup kit to use.